Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Second Change


You may have noticed the new page on the website this morning.

IntenseDebate is insufficient for what I'd like this site to be. So I'm playing around to learn how other chat features function, and learning about alternatives. In the short term we could migrate off of Skype to some other real-time communication method like that IRC. Eventually, whatever communication method we go with could even replace the blog email for submissions, via comment tagging. Ultimately I'd like to make some sort of graphical display for all the branches of a given conversation, with lots of cool features and color-coding. I'll explain more later when I've worked on it more: Just consider this a first step / an initial experiment. And of course, if anything goes wrong, apply the relevant Derpy quote.