|Source in Image|
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Classic art from a great artist
- It looks like we're still going back and forth about the future blog name: the idea we're stuck on is that while Discord's Domain is indeed a great name and describes the current blog very well, it doesn't quite convey what we want for the future of this blog as well as Canterlot Watchtower. Just keeping folks in the loop. Anyone want to add a last-minute idea to break the tie?
- Anyways, thank goodness we're changing the blog name/address, because EqD has started blocking links and text which include the blog name. This has been interpreted by some as a sign that we are competing with Equestria Daily. As cautious man and an optimist, I wouldn't go as far as to say that; this blog won't be able to take the same route as EqD: we just wouldn't be able to beat EqD at its own games: they've got a two year head-start to optimize and really burrow into the brony community. So then folks: What do you think? Is competition inevitable? Or can we avoid it/foster collaborative relations instead?
- Anyways one way to ensure that this blog can coexist with all other brony websites out there is to find our own niche, and follow our own path. We need some unique long-term goals for what this blog should be in the future: ideals to strive for that will set us apart from other websites. Goals like fostering adaptability, cooperative spirit and punctuality in this blog. Goals like one day making it feel like while you're on this site you're getting an unobstructed bird's-eye view of the fandom, and you're in an oasis and refuge for thoughtful debate. Goals like making sure we moderators continue to participate in comment threads and discussions, cultivating a welcoming, respectful and inherently community-building culture on this site. That last one is a powerful asset: commenters can be a valuable source of news to us, and we can be a valuable podium and platform for them, in a symbiotic way. These are only a few of the goals we can aim for, some of which we already do aim for. But what others do you think we should strive to acheive? Do you agree/disagree with any of these goals? If so, why?
It's been a year since PWaaMLPfim began making the Turnabout Storm series. And as a fan of both MLP (obviously) and the Phoenix Wright, I am immensely impressed with how he has managed to mix the two. As a matter of fact, I do believe that I watched this back when I wasn't a brony. Who knows, if this series didn't exist I may not be here typing this. Thank you for creating this and keep up the excellent work.
Well, this sure is something. From the creators of x meets my little pony, we bring you something that probably will give most of you nightmares. Enjoy...I guess.
Up next, we have another awesome Typography Animation/PMV from NoPonyZone. Just like his Smile Song PMV, it's intense. Watch it after the break!
[Romance][Dark][Adventure][Alternate Universe]"It's as good as it sounds... Trust me!" -FPLOON
For Fifteen years, Celestia and the Northern half of Equestria have been in the hands of the most destructive enemy Equis has ever known, the Undead. For fifteen years, Shining Armor and Cadence, leading an order of ponies called the Argentum Solarium, have held the northern borders of the last surviving half of Equestria, Luna's Kingdom of Stormane. For fifteen years... Celestia, has been missing, and the sunlight that shines down upon all of Equis, has been cold, and unkind.
With rumors of the neighboring Griffon and Changeling empires gearing for war, and the Elements of Harmony, the six greatest heroes known to Equestria, broken and torn apart by their duties and responsibilities, will Equestria survive? And will the Undead, after fifteen years of remaining in the Fallen Kingdom, or the Shadowlands, finally march against the remaining life of Equis?
The Fallen Kingdom Chronicles
A division among such great friends is almost inconceivable for me... Hopefully this will never happen the Mane 6, or for any of us for that matter.
Another Artsy after the break.
We don't have 100% confirmation, but the title for episode 5 may have been revealed on the Zap2it website. Go past the break for the info!
It would air for December 3, 2012. Which is strange, because that would be a Monday.
Music: Fruits Of HerLabour [GatoPaint]/Fluttershy - Sleepy Head (174UDSI Remix) (Reupload)/Nature's Magic (By TheDashDub)/Pinkie Pie - Giggle at the Ghosty(174UDSI Remix) (Reupload)
Pixelkitties is awesome... Also when did I become Mike the Music Man?
Music is an enigma to me: the irony of that is just...
Anyways, songs after the break:
- Fruits Of HerLabour [GatoPaint]
- Fluttershy - Sleepy Head (174UDSI Remix) (Reupload)
- Nature's Magic (By TheDashDub)
- Pinkie Pie - Giggle at the Ghosty(174UDSI Remix) (Reupload)