Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Not a Discussion Post #3


Well last night's discussion post didn't go so well: It was interpreted as a little more of a "would you like more/less blog mods" thing like other recent posts, but what I was really trying to ask is "how would you plan a blog system for longevity?" or something along those lines. I'd hoped to get some ideas about how to build in negative feedback loops and proper incentives/workflows for various members, with longevity in mind. I wish I'd been around to steer that conversation back in the right direction... Oh well. Perhaps I should only do discussion posts when I have the time to moderate and direct the conversation. Somehow with scheduling errors it looks like I'll miss this one too... I don't even.



Anyways, another simple/fun thing for today:
  1. For the top post in any individual comment thread, write the first sentence of a story, choose a word in that sentence and copy/paste it below the sentence.
  2. Other folks continue the story of each comment thread, each adding a sentence. The next after the first must include the word copied and pasted in the first comment of the thread, changed by one letter.
  3. Each sentence uses the word changed in the sentence above it, once again changed by one letter.
  4. Let hilarity ensue.