Monday, January 7, 2013

The First Change


As I mentioned a while ago, changes to this blog were coming. This is the first of those changes/experiments.

Anyways, I decided to learn Java today, and then I decided that while I was at it I would make something useful. So I made a program that takes a list of URLs in a very specific order and turns them into HTML code that we can make Artsy posts out of. With a few minor caveats, we can now make artsy posts at a blinding pace.

And the best part? You can too, even if you aren't a mod. If you decide you want to make an artsy post for the blog, or make sure a bunch of new art you've found gets in the artsy, you can plug the URLs corresponding to that art into this program and submit HTML that we can have up on the blog in minutes, instead of hours.

I have an executable java file for anyone who just wants the functionality of the program, and I also have a the raw java code and a readme file, and a folder set up for use in Eclipse for Java EE. You may also need a sufficiently updated Java Runtime Environment for this program, as well as Eclipse, and if you're willing to play around a little, you should also be able to get the raw java code below to run on Eclipse.