Sunday, January 27, 2013

Just For Sidekicks Commentary

Oh snap, either the planet's spinning too fast or there's a black hole falling from the sky!
Oh and apparently Twilight drank some Red Bull.

I shall now try my hand at replicating Sweetie Bot's quality of post-episode review/comedy threads! Continue after the break for lulz.


Oh hey there's PeeWee!

 I'm... Not entirely sure what's going on here. Is that supposed to be ice cream?! As creatures of fire, might phoenixes be harmed by that? And I'm not even gonna ask how the stool got that way, how the pink goo ended up on Twilight's face, or even how they took these pictures in the first place.

Aw... No more PeeWee

...wat. There's stuff that makes up for this animation accident later, I guess.


Tank's making it hard for Rainbow Dash to lie to herself. 

Really hard.

"You only want to get hit in the head by a flying turtle once"

Pretty much, yeah.

Gummy is best leech.

>obligatory comment about kids on leashes
(...I play too much Cards Against Humanity)
Also, most of those types of pets don't actually need to be walked. Just saying...

There was a lot of scrunchy face hidden in this episode... Scrunchy face is the new Derpy!

Gummy doesn't have teeth... Those bites would therefore have to be Angel's.

Twilight and her closest associates seem to get covered in pink goo a lot, don't they?

If we subscribe to the idea that technology was introduced into episodes so that Hasbro could sell toys, then I sure hope this toy set comes out soon, along with the train and balloon and everything. "CMC's and a giant-ass industrial fan". I'd buy it! Also if one tiny red jewel could buy all that, it was probably a red diamond, or maybe a proustite crystal.

References to two episodes in less than one second. Not bad.

Nerdy sales clerk? I bet this is where Zecora gets her nanobots to power her magic. Because we all know, nanotechnology is magic.

Ponified red cross/charity/girl scouts? I approve.

"You've caught me doing worse."

Not high enough that parachutes would deploy correctly, but also high enough that injury is possible... It's probably better that Spike intervened here.

Wow! Equestria is corrupt!

Bribes, bribes, everywhere! ... Or maybe he's just paying for damages at this point. 

Lots of background ponies actually doing things in this episode... I wonder what their stories are... fanfics incoming?

"can you imagine see-through walls?" I'm gonna just call that a reference to the Iocrym, even though I know it's not.

Clever girls...

Much less graphic than being torn to shreds by a velociraptor.

Tank is best perpetual motion machine.

The heavy-breathing animation right there really made the scene work.

Easily amused.

Is that a balloon-animal Rainbow Dash in the background?! 0_0

Nice touch with the hair animation right there 10/10 would hug

How many times have they done this? Spike is the new Darth Vader already.

This is how I imagine Swatteam sometimes - as Pinkie in a couch, watching you like ceiling cat.

Smart how they used a minute to exemplify the relationships each pony has with her pet.

Things get crazy quickly after this frame. "I've found the alligator! We gon' get messed UP tonight!"

"Spike never gets invited" is now canon, with the exception of "The Ticket Master".

Even more impressive than the time she wrestled a bear. The Knights of the Round Table got nothin' on this! Except maybe coconut shells.

Spike is the Gameloft game, Twilight sparkle is the brony community, and your mind is now blown.

I think someone at DHX has a thing for dogs. Winona is biased towards good behavior, for the most part.

Dashie's still lying to herself.

There we go.

If RD had never found Tank, she probably would've not reacted the same way to Scootaloo in Sleepless in Ponyville.

All I could think of was this.

Ah, the "old people are made of oobleck" routine. I should keep away from TV Tropes...

"This kills the turtle"

"the natural weaves in its fluff are to die for" Hmm... Nah. I'm just going to imagine that line was "THIS IS NOT THE ENERGIZER BUNNY. I REQUIRE ELECTRIC POTENTIAL TO FUNCTION." ... I miss Friendship is Witchcraft.

Hey does anyone else get a Stargate Atlantis vibe from the crystal empire? Also those floaty crystals are room-temperature superconductors IMHC.

Seriously... Either that's Atlantis from SGA, or Winterhold from Skyrim. They had a library, which is close enough to a college, right? (this image is from another episode btw)

Any references or funnies that I missed? Screencap 'em and put 'em in the comments so we may discuss them!