Friday, October 5, 2012

MikeNanotube's Post: Spelunky Re-skin Now with More Characters

If you thought Ponymon was cool...
(thanks to Pixelkitties for the new pic. I remember purchasing one of these at Bronycon! :D)

So a while ago I was talking to a guy on EqD who had made an awesome Spelunky re-skin with Daring Do, and guess what I found while browsing the Spelunky forums? Another Spelunky re-skin! It looks like more playable characters have been added to this version, and I presume it was made by the same guy, but I can't know for sure since I haven't really been able to play either very much since I changed my OS. (Spelunky mods generally don't work on MAC OS's)

For those not in the know, Spelunky is an awesome and challenging open-source indie game that plays sort of like one of the Super Mario Brothers games crossed over with Indiana Jones. You can play it a thousand times before winning once, but that's okay because half the fun is in finding the most hilarious ways to explode twice and otherwise get tossed by a yeti into a pit of spikes. The sharp kind, not the dragon kind (lol, German wordplay).

(My first post to compete with SweetieBot in terms of finding things. Am I doing it rite?)